Miniature lighting for all shapes
Grimlight are tiny LED-lights for miniatures, model trains, LARP:s and whatever else you can think of.
Earlier solutions have been tailor made for individual models which mean they lack the flexibility to fit all sorts of shapes and sizes, often demanding clumsy battery solutions or a lot of adjustments to the model. We have designed a flexible LED circuit that fits everything from Warhammer miniatures and miniature railroads to FX-lighting in LARP clothes. Our goal has been to make a LED circuit that is:
- Easy to use – ready to be mounted on miniatures, terrain or wherever you want
- So small that you can hide it on regular 28-millimetre models (1/58 scale)
- Battery operated with long service life
- Low weight
- Two LED’s per circuit, letting you use them in pairs for eyes and so on should you wish
- Using cheap and easily available batteries (CR1216)
- Selectable lighting effects – fixed, pulsating or flickering
- Paintable – You choose the color by either painting a thin layer or covering the light in a thin layer of cotton, PVA glue or transparent plastic
- Magnetic switch – you can switch it on and off using a super magnet without having to touch the miniature. Perfect to show what miniatures you have already activated during a game round for example, not to mention never having to lift miniatures to turn lights on or off
- Cables so thin (0.2 mm) that they can be coated with paint and can be laid either on the inside or outside of the miniature
- Light strong enough to cast shadows on the model resulting in true object source lighting
After a series of prototypes, we now have a working solution that meets all of the above. We call it Grimlight and by winter 2017 we will launch our first Kickstarter. On our website you can follow the development and see how we have used our prototypes to add immersion in our games. Sign up for our newsletter to follow Grimlight development and get information about our upcoming Kickstarter!